Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can you move me today?
A: If you need to move today, we can probably do that. If you require a written estimate, you should call about 7 days to 2 weeks before your move. We generally ask that you give as much notice as possible.
Q: Can I leave my items in their drawers?
A: As long as there are no liquid or fragile items left in the desk, you should be fine. Just know that the desk will be turned up on its end to be loaded, so any items you do not wanted shifted inside the desk should be removed.
Q: How long will Bart’s Office Furniture take to pack my goods?
A: Every office is different, but we can normally pack an office in 1-2 days.
Q: So what can or can’t I take with me?
A: Generally speaking, dispose of all flammable items, liquids, foods, and other items that should not be shipped. Anything that can deteriorate should not be shipped. If you have a question about something, just call and ask.
Q: What are my responsibilities?
A: Be prepared, first and foremost. This allows the move to process faster, lowers your cost, and you’ll feel better about your move.
- What’s more efficient? Always ask one of our specialists what you should pack and/or move. The common thought is “the more I do myself the less I’ll have to budget for my move.” Not true. We come prepared with the right equipment. That means it will take us a fraction of the time compared to you doing it yourself.
- Be present during the packing of your belongings.
- Take personal responsibility for high value items.
- Check and sign the inventory of your belongings.
- Ensure that no prohibited items are packed.
Q: Are your moving services limited to Louisiana only?
A: Bart’s Office Furniture is a major moving company capable of handling any type or scale of moving project. We offer long distance moving services in the Southern Gulf Coast region as well as extended services in Texas and neighboring states. We have multiple office locations around Louisiana.
Q: How long before the move should I contact you?
A: As soon as you decide that a move is in your future.
Q: How long does Bart’s Office Furniture need for an office estimate?
A: This is dependent on many factors such as current work load, scope of work, and complexity of the estimate. A simple, straightforward move (yes there is such a thing) may take a little as an hour, but some estimates could take a few days.
Q: How do I buy the correct amount of supplies?
A: With Bart’s, there are no worries. Any supplies ordered from us that are not used and in original condition are eligible for our buyback program. Our policy is “you only pay for what you use.”
Q: What’s the difference between commercial mover (like Bart’s) and noncommercial moving companies?
A: Commercial moving is our professional trade. When operating within commercial properties, there are elevated criteria, such as:
- Our staff members are not only movers, but also installers. This is a requirement when moving/deconstructing/re configuring office furniture, or cubical systems.
- Insurance requirements: Commercial companies carry a higher level of insurance coverage for your contents and building.
- Equipment: We purchase equipment that is a better fit for commercial use, and specifically designed for specialized office furniture.
Q: How do I make my move easy and worry-free?
A: Always hire a professional moving company that is diverse and has decades of reputable performance.
- Your preparation is key.
- Last, relax and let Bart’s do what we’re trained to do.
Q: How do I keep my cost down?
A: A lot of people think the most cost-effective effective way to do something is do it themselves. The truthful answer is be prepared. Once Bart’s arrives, the faster we start, the earlier we finish.
read moreProfessional, outstanding workmanship and exceptional customer serviceTESTIMONIALS